Where can I get help with finding private accommodation?

Our Answer: 

The University of London Housing Services (ULHS) has a website dedicate to our Private Housing Service which offers a range of services to assist and support students who are looking for and living in private accommodation. Our service for students is not just limited to those studying at University of London colleges as we also assist students of several external colleges. You can access a list of our subscribing colleges here.

Online Database

We have an online property database with offers of accommodation from registered landlords, lettings agents, private halls and other providers of private accommodation. For more information check out our website.


We run a selection of events for students, landlords and those working in student accommodation.  This includes housing talks and advice sessions within colleges, training courses and forums, flatmate finder events and our annual Housing Fair in May, which supports students who are searching for private accommodation for the following academic year. For more information click on our Events section.

Contact Checking

We offer a contract checking service for students to use before they sign their contact for private accommodation. We will give you guidance on what to look out for and to do when you are renting privately and check the contract for unfair clauses, which may cause you problems in your accommodation. For more information click on our Get Advice section.

Private Housing Guide

We also produce our Private Housing Guide which will give you further information on the different types of accommodation, how much you can expect to pay and what you need to know before you start your search. To read our online version click on the Housing Guide section.