I was given a different room to the one I applied for. What can I do?

Our Answer: 

The room allocations are done by the colleges and if you are unhappy with the offer you have been given you will have to contact the accommodation office at your college directly. Because the colleges are given a quota of the rooms at the Intercollegiate Halls it is entirely up to them how to distribute the rooms across the applicants.