HOW TO PAY YOUR ACCOMMODATION FEES
Students should make payments via the Portal as this is the easiest way to manage your payments and amounts due. Please see the Alternative Payment Methods section below if someone is paying on your behalf.
Please do not attempt to pay your accommodation fees via your College payment site as we will not receive the funds.
• Pay Now: Pay everything you owe or any value up to that amount.
• Payment Plan Setup: Set up an automated payment plan to take payments when they are due, as per your invoice.
International card payments
If you are using an international card for your payment you may need to take the following steps:
• Tell your bank you are intending to make the payment.
• Check your account balance to ensure the correct amount is in your account when taking exchange rates in to consideration.
• If payment has failed, please clear your cookies and try a different browser before reattempting the payment.
Your deposit was successfully paid online upon acceptance of your accommodation licence agreement. When you depart from halls, your room will be checked for any damages by our Accommodation Management Team. Once these checks are completed, if no damage is found, we will refund your deposit onto the card that you used to make the deposit payment within 28 working days of leaving the halls. We will contact you at the time of refund if we need further information.
Please visit our online portal to purchase guest meals, replacement keys or access cards/ fobs, bedding packs, ID cards and bike key deposits. Payments for other miscellaneous charges During your time living in halls, you may incur other miscellaneous charges. To pay these, please refer to the invoice and accompanying email for payment methods.
PROBLEMS PAYING YOUR FEES?
The Accommodation Finance Team understands that sometimes students may suffer financial hardship. If you find yourself in this position, please contact us as soon as possible. We are also aware that students may be dependent on funding from external sources in order to pay accommodation fees and that there can sometimes be delays in receiving these funds. If this affects your ability to make payments for your accommodation on time, please email the Accommodation Finance Team with proof of funding and the date when you will make payment. Please ensure you include your surname and accommodation ID.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DON’T PAY YOUR FEES?
Failure to pay your fees on time may result in interest charges being levied. Interest is charged at 4% above the Royal Bank of Scotland Base Rate from time to time in force. This is applied from the date that payment is due. Failure to pay your fees (or part of your fees) by their due date may result in the termination of your accommodation licence agreement, and you being asked to vacate the hall. Please refer to your accommodation licence agreement and the Handbook for full terms and conditions relating to your accommodation, including non-payment of fees, at: http://halls.london.ac.uk/.
ALTERNATIVE PAYMENT METHODS
Payment can be made by debit or credit card by calling 020 7862 5772 between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. from Monday to Friday. Please note that we cannot accept payments by American Express, cheque or cash.
To pay by bank transfer you must use the following bank details, quoting your surname and accommodation ID (for example ‘Smith – 0012345’). Your accommodation ID number can be found on your invoice. You must also email your remittance to AHD.Finance@london.ac.uk and ensure your email contains your surname and accommodation ID as a reference. Amounts received by bank transfer will be allocated at the amount received by us after all bank charges have been deducted. Failure to send a remittance or to include your accommodation ID may result in a delay allocating your payment.
Bank: Natwest Bank National, Westminster Bank PLC, PO Box 83, Tavistock House, Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9JA, United Kingdom
Account Name: University of London Halls, Account Sort Code: 60-80-07, Account Number: 60166630, IBAN Number: GB70NWBK60800760166630, BIC: NWBKGB2L
Payment can be made on behalf of a student e.g., by a parent or sponsor, via ePay https://epay.london.ac.uk. This option will not be available until the deposit is paid and contract signed.
University of London Online Payment Terms
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using the online payment facility. Your use of the online payment facility on this website indicates your acceptance of the terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions
All payments are subject to the following terms and conditions.
1. Payments will normally reach the University account to which you are making a payment on the following working day. However, up to three working days should be allowed for transactions to be processed.
2. Refunds, if applicable, will only be made to the credit/debit card used for the original transaction.
3. The University cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching the correct University account due to you quoting or inputting an incorrect account number or incorrect personal details.
4. The University cannot accept liability if payment is refused or declined by the credit/debit card supplier. If payment is declined, the University is under no obligation to bring that fact to your attention. You should check with your bank/payment provider that payment has been deducted from your account.
5. In no event will the University be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this site, or the materials or information contained on this site.
6. The payment of any sums via this facility does not in itself indicate the existence of a contract between the University and a student.
7. All payments made through this online facility must be made in pounds sterling. Any currency conversion costs or other charges incurred in making the payment or processing a refund shall be borne by the payee and shall not be deductible from the fees due to the University.
The payment details that you provide via this online payment facility are automatically encrypted when you enter them. The payment site is secured using a Thawte SSL Web Server Certificate to offer secure communications by encrypting all data.
The data that you provide during this transaction is processed in accordance with the requirements and safeguards of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018. [Please also see our Privacy Notice about making online payments here].
Telephone: 020 7862 5772
Hours: 10am - 4pm
Payment Deadlines: 13th October 2021, 26th January 2022 and 11th May 2022.