Housekeeping, Security & Maintenance


If you notice a maintenance problem in your room – including things like broken furniture, dripping taps, squeaky doors, etc., – report it to the PMU office or a Senior Member; be sure to include a short description of the problem and its precise location. If you report a maintenance problem with your room, the University will assume that you have given permission for your room to be entered to make the necessary repairs.


Security is the responsibility of all residents. Residents should remain vigilant and safety-conscious at all times and, if in doubt, report suspicions immediately to a member of the PMU Team or the Senior Member.

Residents must never admit in to Clandon House any person whom they do not know or are not personally hosting. Residents will be held responsible for the actions of anyone they bring in.

Lost keys & ID cards

If you lose your room key you can obtain a replacement from the PMU office. Temporary access to the room can be granted by a Senior Member on duty. Please be aware that charges will apply for replacement key. An invoice will be emailed to you for payment.

Valuables, lost property & insurance

Clandon House has no facilities for the retention of long-term lost property. This includes property left in rooms following the date of departure. The University will not act a Bailee if you leave any items in your room. Any belongings left after departure will be disposed of. The University provides a basic policy to insure your personal property within Clandon House. You should take out additional insurance to cover your property outside Clandon House and high value items not covered under the terms of the basic policy. Visit for details of the insurance policy. Please use ‘University of London - Intercollegiate Halls’ as the name of the accommodation provider.