Community & Social Life
- We aim to provide a secure, supportive, and friendly environment in which our residents can study and socialise.
- We do not tolerate personal harassment, nor discrimination against anyone because of their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, or sexual orientation.
- We hope that all our residents will call Clandon House “home”, and take many positive memories and good friends with them when they leave.
- We always strive to act fairly, honestly, and transparently.
- This is a university residence. We are educators. By encouraging residents to participate in and contribute to the Clandon House community, we hope they will learn to be self-directed and self-disciplined in their behaviour.
- We aim to promote a spirit of fellowship, cooperation and kindness. These are attitudes that we can take with us when we move on to other, wider neighbourhoods and communities.
- The needs of our residents, within the necessary limitations of good order, financial resources, and safety, take priority over other considerations at all times.
- We endeavour to help residents wherever we can. If we can reasonably and safely say “yes” within the rules, we will not say “no”.
The amount and type of social events at Clandon is left up to the students who live there. There are usually two or three events a year but this is not a set number. The events are organised by Senior Members.