What criteria do I have to meet to be offered accommodation through the waiting list?
We always have more applicants on the waiting list than the rooms we can offer. Selections will be made by taking a balanced decision based on the following criteria as well as assessing the student's individual needs and the particular type of room available:
- The ratio of men to women across the eight Intercollegiate Halls should conform to the ratio within the University.
- The balance of students from the various Colleges and Institutes across the University.
- The number of students new to the University should be at least 75% of the total Hall population.
- The number of postgraduates should reflect their number in the University as a whole.
- No student may spend more than two years in Hall accommodation except in very special circumstances.